2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 572 Gambling
Section 572.050 Until December 31, 2016--Possession of gambling records in the first degree.
572.050. 1. A person commits the crime of possession of gambling records in the first degree if, with knowledge of the contents thereof, he possesses any gambling record of a kind used:
(1) In the operation or promotion of a bookmaking scheme or enterprise, and constituting, reflecting or representing more than five bets totaling more than five hundred dollars; or
(2) In the operation, promotion or playing of a lottery or policy scheme or enterprise, and constituting, reflecting or representing more than five hundred plays or chances therein.
2. A person does not commit a crime under subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section if the gambling record possessed by the defendant constituted, reflected or represented bets of the defendant himself in a number not exceeding ten.
3. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue under subsection 2.
4. Possession of gambling records in the first degree is a class D felony.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
*This section was amended by S.B. 491, 2014, effective 1-01-17. Due to the delayed effective date, both versions of this section are printed here.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.