2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 567 Prostitution
Section 567.030 Beginning January 1, 2017--Patronizing prostitution--penalty.
567.030. 1. A person commits the offense of patronizing prostitution if he or she:
(1) Pursuant to a prior understanding, gives something of value to another person as compensation for having engaged in sexual conduct with any person; or
(2) Gives or agrees to give something of value to another person with the understanding that such person or another person will engage in sexual conduct with any person; or
(3) Solicits or requests another person to engage in sexual conduct with any person in return for something of value.
2. It shall not be a defense that the person believed that the individual he or she patronized for prostitution was eighteen years of age or older.
3. The offense of patronizing prostitution is a class B misdemeanor, unless the individual who the person patronizes is less than eighteen years of age but older than fourteen years of age, in which case patronizing prostitution is a class A misdemeanor.
4. The offense of patronizing prostitution is a class E felony if the individual who the person patronizes is fourteen years of age or younger. Nothing in this section shall preclude the prosecution of an individual for the offenses of:
(1) Statutory rape in the first degree pursuant to section 566.032;
(2) Statutory rape in the second degree pursuant to section 566.034;
(3) Statutory sodomy in the first degree pursuant to section 566.062; or
(4) Statutory sodomy in the second degree pursuant to section 566.064.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 2004 H.B. 1487, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.