2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 560 Fines
Section 560.473 (Transferred 1978; now 577.073)
577.073. 1. A person commits the offense of damaging state park property if he or she:
(1) Knowingly places or deposits waste paper, tin cans, bottles, or rubbish of any kind within a state park;
(2) Contaminates, in any manner, any spring, pool, or stream within a state park;
(3) Cuts, prunes, picks, defaces, or injures, in any manner, the flowers, trees, shrubs, or any other flora growing on the land or in the water of any state park except as performed or directed by authorized personnel of the department of natural resources; or
(4) Removes, injures, disfigures, defaces, or destroys an object of archaeological or historical value or interest within a state park except as performed or directed by authorized personnel of the department of natural resources.
2. The offense of damaging state park property is a class C misdemeanor, unless:
(1) Such damage creates a substantial risk of physical injury or property damage to another; or
(2) The defendant has previously been found guilty of a violation of this section or an offense committed in another jurisdiction which, if committed in this state, would be a violation under this section, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor.
(L. 1961 p. 332 §§ 1, 2, A.L. 2012 H.B. 1251 merged with S.B. 719, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.