2014 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 600 Public Defenders
- Section 600.011 Definitions.
- Section 600.015 Public defender commission created--appointment, terms, expenses, meetings, vacancies--director to be ex officio member.
- Section 600.017 Commission, powers and duties.
- Section 600.019 Public defender system created--director, appointment, qualifications, compensation, removal from office, procedure.
- Section 600.021 Public defenders, appointment, terms, qualifications, restrictions--compensation of defenders and employees--offices, where established--private attorneys, services authorized.
- Section 600.040 Office space and utilities services, how provided--retirement system membership.
- Section 600.042 Director's duties and powers--cases for which representation is authorized--rules, procedure--discretionary powers of defender system--bar members appointment authorized.
- Section 600.043 Involuntary civil detention or commitment cases, representation by defenders prohibited.
- Section 600.044 Legal services to be furnished by defender, dismissal from case, when, procedure.
- Section 600.048 Right to counsel, notice posted, where, contents--request for counsel, procedure--privacy rights.
- Section 600.051 Waiver of counsel, when permitted.
- Section 600.062 Acceptance of cases, no authority to limit based on caseload standards.
- Section 600.063 Caseload concerns, motion to court, procedure--rulemaking authority.
- Section 600.064 Private counsel, appointment of, requirements--expenses.
- Section 600.086 Eligibility for representation, rules to establish--indigency, how determined, procedure, appeal--false statements, penalty--investigation authorized.
- Section 600.089 Parolees to pay for representation, when.
- Section 600.090 Determination of ability to pay all or part of representation costs--lien for reasonable value of services, procedure--deposit of funds collected.
- Section 600.091 Confidentiality of defender's files, exceptions.
- Section 600.093 Probation, payment for services may be condition.
- Section 600.094 (Repealed L. 2007 S.B. 613 Revision § A)
- Section 600.096 Reports, documents, statements, transcripts to be furnished to defender without fee.
- Section 600.101 Provision of office space for public defender, disputes, report.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.