2014 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 595 Victims of Crimes, Compensation and Services
- Section 595.010 Definitions.
- Section 595.015 Compensation claims, department of public safety to administer, method--application filed with department, form, contents--additional items, notice--amended application--cooperation with law enforcement--information to be made available to department.
- Section 595.020 Eligibility for compensation.
- Section 595.025 Claims, filing and hearing, procedure, who may file--time limitation--amount of compensation, considerations--attorney's fees--examination, report by physician, when--exemption from collection.
- Section 595.027 Medical providers to submit information, when, penalty--medical providers, defined.
- Section 595.030 Compensation, out-of-pocket loss requirement, maximum amount for counseling expenses--award, computation--medical care, requirements--counseling, requirements--maximum award--joint claimants, distribution--method, timing of payment determined by department.
- Section 595.035 Award standards to be established--amount of award, factors to be considered--purpose of fund, reduction for other compensation received by victim, exceptions--time limitation.
- Section 595.036 Grievances, decision of department, appeal to administrative hearing commission.
- Section 595.037 Open records, exceptions--department order to close records.
- Section 595.040 Subrogation, state's right, when--attorney general to bring action--lien for injuries, proceeding by claimant to recover damages, department may intervene--department may receive restitution.
- Section 595.045 Funding--costs for certain violations, amount, distribution of funds, audit--judgments in certain cases, amount--failure to pay, effect, notice--court cost deducted--insufficient funds to pay claims, procedure--interest earned, disposition.
- Section 595.050 Contracts for services to victims, requirements, limitations.
- Section 595.055 Services for victims, requirements--exceptions.
- Section 595.060 Rules, authority--procedure.
- Section 595.065 Orders for payment, when effective.
- Section 595.075 Payments to witness, victim's compensation, inadmissible as evidence.
- Section 595.100 Funding, administration.
- Section 595.105 Funding for shelters for victims of domestic violence and agencies providing services for certain crime victims.
- Section 595.200 Definitions.
- Section 595.206 Victims eligible for services.
- Section 595.209 Rights of victims and witnesses--written notification, requirements.
- Section 595.210 Victims of sexually violent offenses, right to testify at parole hearings.
- Section 595.212 Prosecuting attorneys to maintain program to afford rights to victims and witnesses--funding and approval of agency programs.
- Section 595.215 Duty of cooperation for prosecutor, law enforcement and social service agencies.
- Section 595.218 Construction of provisions, no cause of action created against public employees or agencies.
- Section 595.220 Forensic examinations, department of public safety to pay medical providers, when--minor may consent to examination, when--attorney general to develop forms--collection kits--definitions--rulemaking authority.
- Section 595.223 Beginning January 1, 2017--Polygraph tests and psychological stress evaluator exams not permitted, when.
- Section 595.226 Beginning January 1, 2017--Identifiable information in court records to be redacted, when--access to information permitted, when--disclosure of identifying information regarding defendant, when.
- Section 595.229 Beginning January 1, 2017--Plea bargain, sentencing, victim's right to appear or make statement--notice to victim.
- Section 595.232 Beginning January 1, 2017--Identity theft--rights of victims--definition--incident reports, discretion of law enforcement not affected.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.