2014 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 559 Probation
Section 559.106 Beginning January 1, 2017--Lifetime supervision of certain sexual offenders--electronic monitoring--termination at age sixty-five permitted, when.
559.106. 1. Notwithstanding any statutory provision to the contrary, when a court grants probation to an offender who has been found guilty of an offense in:
(1) Section 566.030, 566.032, 566.060, 566.062, 566.067, 566.083, 566.100, 566.151, 566.212, 566.213, 568.020, 568.080, or 568.090, based on an act committed on or after August 28, 2006; or
(2) Section 566.068, 566.069, 566.210, 566.211, 573.200, or 573.205 based on an act committed on or after January 1, 2017, against a victim who was less than fourteen years of age and the offender is a prior sex offender as defined in subsection 2 of this section;
the court shall order that the offender be supervised by the board of probation and parole for the duration of his or her natural life.
2. For the purpose of this section, a prior sex offender is a person who has previously been found guilty of an offense contained in chapter 566, or violating section 568.020, when the person had sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with the victim, or of violating subdivision (2) of subsection 1 of section 568.045.
3. When probation for the duration of the offender's natural life has been ordered, a mandatory condition of such probation is that the offender be electronically monitored. Electronic monitoring shall be based on a global positioning system or other technology that identifies and records the offender's location at all times.
4. In appropriate cases as determined by a risk assessment, the court may terminate the probation of an offender who is being supervised under this section when the offender is sixty-five years of age or older.
(L. 2005 H.B. 353 merged with H.B. 972, A.L. 2006 H.B. 1698, et al., A.L. 2014 S.B. 491, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1371)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.