2013 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 205 County Health and Welfare Programs
Section 205.375 Nursing homes, county or township may acquire and erect--issuance of bonds, exceptions--leasing of homes, to whom.
Nursing homes, county or township may acquire and erect--issuance of bonds, exceptions--leasing of homes, to whom.
205.375. 1. For the purposes of this section "nursing home" means a residential care facility, an assisted living facility, an intermediate care facility, or a skilled nursing facility as defined in section 198.006:
(1) Which is operated in connection with a hospital, or
(2) In which such nursing care and medical services are prescribed by, or are performed under the general direction of, persons licensed to practice medicine or surgery in the state.
2. The county commission of any county or the township board of any township may acquire land to be used as sites for, construct and equip nursing homes and may contract for materials, supplies, and services necessary to carry out such purposes.
3. For the purpose of providing funds for the construction and equipment of nursing homes the county commissions or township boards may issue bonds as authorized by the general law governing the incurring of indebtedness by counties; provided, however, that no such tax shall be levied upon property which is within a nursing home district as provided in chapter 198 and is taxed for nursing home purposes under the provisions of that chapter, or may provide for the issuance and payment of revenue bonds in the manner provided by and in all respects subject to chapter 176 which provides for the issuance of revenue bonds of state educational institutions.
4. The county commissions or township boards may provide for the leasing and renting of the nursing homes and equipment on the terms and conditions that are necessary and proper to any person, firm, corporation or to any nonprofit organizations for the purpose of operation in the manner provided in subsection 1 of this section.
(L. 1957 p. 689 §§ 1, 2, 3, 4, A.L. 1959 S.B. 252, A.L. 1969 p. 327, A.L. 1971 S.B. 163, A.L. 1978 H.B. 1036, A.L. 1986 H.B. 1563)
*Reprinted due to editorial change required by § 198.005.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.