2012 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 210 Child Protection and Reformation
Section 210.900 Definitions.
210.900. 1. Sections 210.900 to 210.936 shall be known and may be cited as the "Family Care Safety Act".
2. As used in sections 210.900 to 210.936, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Child-care provider", any licensed or license-exempt child-care home, any licensed or license-exempt child-care center, child-placing agency, residential care facility for children, group home, foster family group home, foster family home, employment agency that refers a child-care worker to parents or guardians as defined in section 289.005*. The term "child-care provider" does not include summer camps or voluntary associations designed primarily for recreational or educational purposes;
(2) "Child-care worker", any person who is employed by a child-care provider, or receives state or federal funds, either by direct payment, reimbursement or voucher payment, as remuneration for child-care services;
(3) "Department", the department of health and senior services;
(4) "Elder-care provider", any operator licensed pursuant to chapter 198 or any person, corporation, or association who provides in-home services under contract with the division of aging, or any employer of nurses or nursing assistants of home health agencies licensed pursuant to sections 197.400 to 197.477, or any nursing assistants employed by a hospice pursuant to sections 197.250 to 197.280, or that portion of a hospital for which subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of section 198.012 applies;
(5) "Elder-care worker", any person who is employed by an elder-care provider, or who receives state or federal funds, either by direct payment, reimbursement or voucher payment, as remuneration for elder-care services;
(6) "Employer", any child-care provider, elder- care provider, or personal-care provider as defined in this section;
(7) "Mental health provider", any developmental disability facility or group home as defined in section 633.005;
(8) "Mental health worker", any person employed by a mental health provider to provide personal care services and supports;
(9) "Patrol", the Missouri state highway patrol;
(10) "Personal-care attendant" or "personal-care worker", a person who performs routine services or supports necessary for a person with a physical or mental disability to enter and maintain employment or to live independently;
(11) "Personal-care provider", any person, corporation, or association who provides personal-care services or supports under contract with the department of mental health, the division of aging, the department of health and senior services or the department of elementary and secondary education;
(12) "Related child care", child care provided only to a child or children by such child's or children's grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts or uncles, or siblings living in a residence separate from the child or children;
(13) "Related elder care", care provided only to an elder by an adult child, a spouse, a grandchild, a great-grandchild or a sibling of such elder.
(L. 1999 H.B. 490 & H.B. 308 3, A.L. 2001 S.B. 48, A.L. 2008 S.B. 1081, A.L. 2011 H.B. 555 merged with H.B. 648)
*Section 289.005 was repealed by H.B. 393, 1995.
The headnotes, footnotes, annotations and index of the Missouri Revised Statutes, are used by permission of the Joint Committee on Legislative Research, the copyright holder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.