2012 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 210 Child Protection and Reformation
Section 210.760 Placement in foster care--division's duties--removal of children from school, restrictions.
Placement in foster care--division's duties--removal of children from school, restrictions.
210.760. 1. In making placements in foster care the children's division shall:
(1) Arrange for a preplacement visit of the child, except in emergencies;
(2) Provide full and accurate medical information and medical history to the persons providing foster care at the time of placement;
(3) Give a minimum of five days advance notice to the persons providing foster care before removing a child from their care;
(4) Provide the persons giving foster care with a written statement of the reasons for removing a child at the time of the notification required by this section;
(5) Notify the child's parent or legal guardian that the child has been placed in foster care; and
(6) Work with the parent or legal guardian of the child, through services available, in an effort to return the child to his or her natural home, if at all possible, or to place the child in a permanent adoptive setting, in accordance with the division's goals to reduce the number of children in long-term foster care and reestablish and encourage the family unit.
2. Except as otherwise provided in section 210.125, no child shall be removed from school prior to the end of the official school day for that child for placement in foster care without a court order specifying that the child shall be removed from school.
(L. 1982 H.B. 1171, et al., A.L. 2004 H.B. 1453 merged with S.B. 762)
The headnotes, footnotes, annotations and index of the Missouri Revised Statutes, are used by permission of the Joint Committee on Legislative Research, the copyright holder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.