2012 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 210 Child Protection and Reformation
Section 210.481 Definitions.
210.481. As used in sections 210.481 to 210.536, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Child", any individual under eighteen years of age or in the custody of the division;
(2) "Child placing agency", any person, other than the parents, who places a child outside the home of the child's parents or guardian, or advertises or holds himself forth as performing such services, but excluding the attorney, physician, or* clergyman of the parents;
(3) "Division", the division of family services of the department of social services of the state of Missouri;
(4) "Foster home", a private residence of one or more family members providing twenty-four-hour care to one or more but less than seven children who are unattended by parent or guardian and who are unrelated to either foster parent by blood, marriage, or adoption;
(5) "Guardian", the person designated by a court of competent jurisdiction as the "guardian of the person of a minor" or "guardian of the person and conservator of the estate of a minor";
(6) "License", the document issued by the division in accordance with the applicable provisions of sections 210.481 to 210.536 to a foster home, residential care facility, or child placing agency which authorizes the foster home, residential care facility, or child placing agency to operate its program in accordance with the applicable provisions of sections 210.481 to 210.536 and rules issued pursuant thereto;
(7) "Person", any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, association, agency, or an incorporated or unincorporated organization, regardless of the name used;
(8) "Provisional license", the document issued by the division in accordance with the applicable provisions of sections 210.481 to 210.536 to a foster home, residential care facility, or child placing agency which is not currently meeting requirements for full licensure;
(9) "Related", any of the following by blood, marriage, or adoption: Parent, grandparent, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepparent, stepbrother, stepsister, uncle, aunt, or first cousin;
(10) "Residential care facility", a facility providing twenty-four-hour care in a group setting to children who are unrelated to the person operating the facility and who are unattended by a parent or guardian.
(L. 1982 H.B. 1171, et al., A.L. 1985 H.B. 366, et al.)
*Word "or" does not appear in original rolls.
The headnotes, footnotes, annotations and index of the Missouri Revised Statutes, are used by permission of the Joint Committee on Legislative Research, the copyright holder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.