2012 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 210 Child Protection and Reformation
Section 210.258 Religious organizations operating facility, no interference permitted with curriculum, personnel or selection of children--discipline policies, explanation required for parent.
Religious organizations operating facility, no interference permitted with curriculum, personnel or selection of children--discipline policies, explanation required for parent.
210.258. The provisions of this section and section 210.259 apply to a child care facility maintained or operated under the exclusive control of a religious organization. Nothing in sections 210.252 to 210.257 shall be construed to authorize the department of health and senior services or any other governmental entity:
(1) To interfere with the program, curriculum, ministry, teaching or instruction offered in a child care facility;
(2) To interfere with the selection, certification, minimal formal educational degree requirements, supervision or terms of employment of a facility's personnel;
(3) To interfere with the selection of individuals sitting on any governing board of a child care facility;
(4) To interfere with the selection of children enrolled in a child care facility; or
(5) To prohibit the use of corporal punishment. However, the department of health and senior services may require the child care facility to provide the parent or guardian enrolling a child in the facility a written explanation of the disciplinary philosophy and policies of the child care facility.
(L. 1993 H.B. 376 6 subsec. 1)
The headnotes, footnotes, annotations and index of the Missouri Revised Statutes, are used by permission of the Joint Committee on Legislative Research, the copyright holder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.