2012 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
Chapter 195 Drug Regulations
Section 195.198 Educational and research programs authorized--report, contents on effect of drugs, publication.
Educational and research programs authorized--report, contents on effect of drugs, publication.
195.198. 1. The director of the department of health and senior services shall carry out educational programs designed to prevent and deter misuse and abuse of controlled dangerous substances. In connection with such programs he may:
(1) Assist the regulated industry and interested groups and organizations in contributing to the reduction of misuse and abuse of controlled substances;
(2) Consult with interested groups and organizations to aid them in solving administrative and organizational problems;
(3) Assist in the education and training of state and local law enforcement officials in their efforts to control misuse and abuse of controlled substances.
2. The director of the department of health and senior services shall encourage research on misuse and abuse of controlled substances. In connection with such research and in furtherance of the enforcement of sections 195.005 to 195.425, he may:
(1) Establish methods to assess accurately the effects of controlled substances including but not limited to gathering, analyzing, and publishing a report using existing data regarding poisoning episodes, arrests relating to controlled substance violations, crime laboratory determinations, department of health and senior services investigations and audits, information available from the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and Food and Drug Administration, and to identify and characterize substances with potential for abuse;
(2) Make studies and undertake programs of research to develop new or improved approaches, techniques, systems, equipment and devices to strengthen the enforcement of sections 195.005 to 195.425.
3. The director of the department of health and senior services may enter into contracts for educational and research activities.
(L. 1971 H.B. 69, A.L. 1987 H.B. 51 & 49, A.L. 1989 S.B. 215 & 58)
The headnotes, footnotes, annotations and index of the Missouri Revised Statutes, are used by permission of the Joint Committee on Legislative Research, the copyright holder.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.