2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVI STATUTORY ACTIONS AND TORTS
Chapter 538 Tort Actions Based on Improper Health Care
Section 538.215. Damage itemization by trier of fact--excess noneconomic damages to be reduced by court.
Damage itemization by trier of fact--excess noneconomic damages to be reduced by court.
538.215. 1. In any action against a health care provider for damages for personal injury or death arising out of the rendering of or the failure to render health care services, any damages found shall be itemized by the trier of fact as follows:
(1) Past economic damages;
(2) Past noneconomic damages;
(3) Future medical damages;
(4) Future economic damages, excluding future medical damages; and
(5) Future noneconomic damages.
2. All future damages which are itemized as required by subsection 1 of this section shall be expressed by the trier of fact at present value.
3. Any award of noneconomic damages in excess of the limit provided herein shall be reduced by the court to the maximum amount.
(L. 1986 S.B. 663 6)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.