There is a newer version of the Missouri Revised Statutes
2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVI STATUTORY ACTIONS AND TORTS
Chapter 535 Landlord-Tenant Actions
- Section 535.010. If rent be not paid as agreed, landlord may recover possession, how.
- Section 535.020. Procedure to recover possession--filing of statement--issuance of summons--procedure.
- Section 535.030. Service of summons--court date included in summons.
- Section 535.040. Upon return of summons, cause to be heard--landlord not liable, when--landlord notification of property left by tenant.
- Section 535.050. Process shall not issue until expiration of lease, when.
- Section 535.060. Demand of rent good, when.
- Section 535.070. Purchaser of leased lands may recover possession.
- Section 535.081. Rent recovery, successor in title, notice required--notice may be attached to notarized affidavit (counties of the first classification).
- Section 535.090. Complaint, contents--proof of trial.
- Section 535.100. Change of judge and venue same as under chapter 517.
- Section 535.110. Trials de novo and appeals--defendant to furnish bond to stay execution.
- Section 535.120. Action brought, when.
- Section 535.130. Summons in such action, how served.
- Section 535.140. Service shall stand instead of demand.
- Section 535.150. Judgment for recovery of demised premises.
- Section 535.160. Tender of rent and costs on judgment date, effect--not bar to landlord's appeal--no stay of execution if no money judgment, exceptions.
- Section 535.170. Lessee barred from relief, when--appeal permitted, when.
- Section 535.180. Reservation in favor of mortgagee of lease in such case.
- Section 535.185. Tenant to be furnished address of person managing property and address to receive notices and service of process--post office box address, procedure--violation, effect.
- Section 535.200. Landlord-tenant court authorized in City of St. Louis, jurisdiction--landlord-tenant commissioners, powers and qualifications--landlord-tenant court procedures.
- Section 535.210. Landlord-tenant court authorized in Jackson County, jurisdiction--landlord-tenant commissioners, powers and qualifications--landlord-tenant court procedures.
- Section 535.300. Security deposits, limitation--return of deposit or notice of damages, when--withholding deposit, when--tenant's right to damages--security deposit defined.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.