2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVI STATUTORY ACTIONS AND TORTS
Chapter 524 Ejectment
Section 524.020. Ejectment maintained in particular cases, when.
Ejectment maintained in particular cases, when.
524.020. An action for the recovery of the possession of land may also be maintained against any person not having a better title thereto, in all cases where the plaintiff claims possession thereof under or by virtue of:
(1) An entry or bounty land warrant location with the register and receiver of any land office of the United States, or with the commissioner of the general land office thereof; or
(2) An entry with the register and receiver of any land office in this state; or
(3) A preemption right, under the laws of the United States, or of this state; or
(4) A New Madrid location; or
(5) A confirmation made under the laws of the United States; or
(6) A land scrip location made in virtue of the laws of this state; or
(7) A French or Spanish grant, warrant or order of survey, surveyed by proper authority, under the French or Spanish government, and recorded according to the usages of the country prior to the tenth of March, 1804.
(RSMo 1939 1530)
Prior revisions: 1929 1366; 1919 1816; 1909 2383
New Madrid certificates and patents, evidentiary effect, 446.250, 446.260
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.