2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXIX CONDUCT OF PUBLIC BUSINESS
Chapter 610 Governmental Bodies and Records
Section 610.122. Arrest record expunged, requirements.
Arrest record expunged, requirements.
610.122. Notwithstanding other provisions of law to the contrary, any record of arrest recorded pursuant to section 43.503 may be expunged if the court determines that the arrest was based on false information and the following conditions exist:
(1) There is no probable cause, at the time of the action to expunge, to believe the individual committed the offense;
(2) No charges will be pursued as a result of the arrest;
(3) The subject of the arrest has no prior or subsequent misdemeanor or felony convictions;
(4) The subject of the arrest did not receive a suspended imposition of sentence for the offense for which the arrest was made or for any offense related to the arrest; and
(5) No civil action is pending relating to the arrest or the records sought to be expunged.
(L. 1993 H.B. 170 1 merged with H.B. 562 11, A.L. 1995 H.B. 135)
(2000) Section does not preclude expungement of arrest records of arrestee who has been charged with and acquitted of an offense, but acquittal alone is insufficient for expungement; burden is on that party to affirmatively prove his or her innocence. Martinez v. State, 24 S.W.3d 10 (Mo.App.E.D.).
(2005) Statutory expungement of criminal records is civil in nature and is constitutional under legislative procedural requirements and provisions of ex post facto, equal protection, due process, and separation of powers. In re Dyer, 163 S.W.3d 915 (Mo.banc).
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.