2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXIV JURIES
Chapter 494 General Provisions as to Juries
- Section 494.400. Qualifications of jurors, selection, exclusions prohibited.
- Section 494.405. Board of jury commissioners, duties, quorum, meetings, members--circuit clerks, duties--supervisors, appointment, certain counties--jury supervisors, deputies, salaries, duties, oath.
- Section 494.410. Master jury list.
- Section 494.415. Qualified jury list--juror qualification form, contents--postponement of service.
- Section 494.420. Selection of jurors from qualified jury list.
- Section 494.425. Persons ineligible for jury service.
- Section 494.430. Persons entitled to be excused from jury service--determinations made by judge--undue or extreme physical or financial hardship defined--documentation required, when.
- Section 494.431. (Repealed L. 2004 S.B. 1211 A)
- Section 494.432. Postponement of jury duty, when.
- Section 494.435. Panel exhausted, other jurors summoned.
- Section 494.440. Data processing devices may be used in compiling lists.
- Section 494.442. List of licensed drivers to contain Social Security numbers--numbers to be provided to board of jury commissioners--election authority to provide numbers--effective date.
- Section 494.445. Petit jurors, maximum number of days required to serve, exception.
- Section 494.450. Juror nonattendance, criminal contempt, fine.
- Section 494.455. Compensation of jurors, mileage--additional compensation may be authorized, when.
- Section 494.460. Employers prohibited from disciplining employees because of jury duty, action for damages, attorney fees--employees not required to use leave for jury duty--automatic postponement of jury duty, when.
- Section 494.465. Challenge of jury on grounds that it was not selected in conformity with sections 494.400 to 494.505.
- Section 494.470. Challenges for cause, grounds for--juror on panel not summoned off as a witness, exception.
- Section 494.475. Inhabitants of city or county not disqualified when city or county is a party.
- Section 494.480. Peremptory challenges--civil cases, multiple parties, allocation--criminal cases--qualification of juror as basis for new trial--costs for impaneling jury to be paid, when.
- Section 494.485. Alternate jurors.
- Section 494.490. Number of jurors--three-fourths or more jurors to return verdict in civil cases--how verdict is signed.
- Section 494.495. Jury may separate, when--duty of court.
- Section 494.500. Aliens, jury in the trial of.
- Section 494.505. Jurors may be summoned from another county, when--procedure--transportation furnished jury instead of mileage, when.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.