2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.925. Definitions.
407.925. As used in sections 407.925 to 407.932, the following terms mean:
(1) "Center of youth activities", any playground, school or other facility, when such facility is being used primarily by persons under the age of eighteen for recreational, educational or other purposes;
(2) "Distribute", a conveyance to the public by sale, barter, gift or sample;
(3) "Minor", a person under the age of eighteen;
(4) "Municipality", the city, village or town within which tobacco products are sold or distributed or, in the case of tobacco products that are not sold or distributed within a city, village or town, the county in which they are sold or distributed;
(5) "Person", an individual, partnership, copartnership, firm, company, public or private corporation, association, joint stock company, trust, estate, political subdivision or any agency, board, department or bureau of the state or federal government, or any other legal entity which is recognized by law as the subject of rights and duties;
(6) "Proof of age", a driver's license or other generally accepted means of identification that contains a picture of the individual and appears on its face to be valid;
(7) "Rolling papers", paper designed, manufactured, marketed, or sold for use primarily as a wrapping or enclosure for tobacco, which enables a person to roll loose tobacco into a smokable cigarette;
(8) "Sample", a tobacco product distributed to members of the general public at no cost or at nominal cost for product promotional purposes;
(9) "Sampling", the distribution to members of the general public of tobacco product samples;
(10) "Tobacco products", any substance containing tobacco leaf, including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, or dipping tobacco;
(11) "Vending machine", any mechanical electric or electronic, self-service device which, upon insertion of money, tokens or any other form of payment, dispenses tobacco products.
(L. 1992 S.B. 509, et al. 7)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.