2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.900. Definitions.
407.900. As used in sections 407.900 to 407.910:
(1) The term "art dealer" means a person engaged in the business of selling fine arts. The term "art dealer" does not include any person engaged exclusively in the business of selling goods at public auction;
(2) The term "artist" means a person who creates fine art or, if such person is deceased, such person's heir, legatee, or personal representative;
(3) The term "consignment" means a transfer of the physical possession of fine art by the artist creating the fine art as consignor in which no title to, estate in, or right to possession of the fine art superior to that of the artist who is the consignor shall vest in the consignee, notwithstanding the consignee's power or authority to transfer and convey the title, and all of the rights and interests of the artist who is the consignor in and to such fine art to a third person;
(4) The term "creditors" includes, but is not limited to, those persons included in the definition of "creditor" in section 400.1-201;
(5) The term "fine arts" includes:
(a) Visual art such as paintings, sculptures, drawings, mosaics, or photographs;
(c) Graphic art such as etchings, lithographs, offset prints, silk screens, and other works of a similar nature;
(d) Crafts, including any item made by an artist or craftsman through the use of clay, textiles, fibers, wood, metal, plastic, glass, ceramics, or similar materials;
(e) Works in mixed media such as collages or any combination of the art forms or media listed in paragraph (a), (b), (c), or (d) of this subdivision.
(L. 1984 S.B. 688 1)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.