2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.671. Definitions.
407.671. As used in sections 407.670 to 407.679, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Business day", any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday;
(2) "Buying service", "buying club", or "club", any person, corporation, partnership, unincorporated association or other business enterprise operating for profit within the state of Missouri, the primary purpose of which is to provide benefits to members from the cooperative purchase of services or merchandise;
(3) "Buyer" or "member", any status by which any natural person is entitled to any of the benefits of a discount buying organization;
(4) "Contract", any written agreement by which one becomes a member of a club;
(5) "Prepayment", any payment greater than fifty dollars for service, merchandise or membership made before any service or merchandise is rendered. Money received by a club from a financial institution upon assignment of a contract shall be considered prepayment when and to the extent the member is required to make prepayments to the financial institution pursuant to the contract.
(L. 1988 H.B. 988)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.