2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.511. Definitions.
407.511. As used in sections 407.511 to 407.556, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following terms mean:
(1) "Mileage", the actual distance that a vehicle has traveled;
(2) "Odometer", an instrument for measuring and recording the actual distance a motor vehicle travels while in operation; but does not include any auxiliary odometer designed to be reset by the operator of the motor vehicle for the purpose of recording mileage on trips;
(3) "Person", any natural person, corporation, unincorporated association, partnership or any agent, corporate officer or partner acting in such capacity;
(4) "Repair and replacement", to restore to a sound working condition by replacing the odometer or any part thereof or by correcting what is inoperative;
(5) "Transfer", to change ownership by purchase, gift, or any other means;
(6) "Transferee", any person to whom ownership of a motor vehicle is transferred by purchase, gift, or any means other than by the creation of a security interest, and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferee; and
(7) "Transferor", any person who transfers his ownership in a motor vehicle by sale, gift, or any means other than by creation of a security interest, and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferor.
(L. 1983 S.B. 9, A.L. 1989 S.B. 327)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.