2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.350. Definitions.
407.350. As used in sections 407.350 to 407.357, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following terms mean:
(1) "Bid", a written or oral proposal by an exhibitor to a distributor, which proposal is in response to an invitation to bid or negotiate and states the terms under which the exhibitor will agree to exhibit a motion picture in this state;
(2) "Blind bidding", bidding, negotiating, offering terms, accepting a bid, or agreeing to terms for the purpose of entering into a license agreement prior to a trade screening of the motion picture that is the subject of the agreement;
(3) "Distributor", any person engaged in the business of renting, selling, or licensing motion pictures to exhibitors;
(4) "Exhibit" or "exhibition", showing a motion picture to the public for a charge;
(5) "Exhibitor", any person engaged in the business of operating a theater in this state;
(6) "Invitation to bid", a written or oral solicitation or invitation by a distributor to one or more exhibitors to bid or negotiate for the right to exhibit a motion picture in this state;
(7) "License agreement", any contract between a distributor and an exhibitor for the exhibition of a motion picture by the exhibitor in this state;
(8) "Run", the continuous exhibition of a motion picture in a defined geographic area for a specified period of time. A "first run" means the initial exhibition of a motion picture in a designated geographic area for a specified period of time, a "subsequent run" means any continuous exhibition of a motion picture in a designated geographic area for a specified period of time after the first run;
(9) "Theater", any establishment in which motion pictures are exhibited regularly to the public for a charge;
(10) "Trade screening", the showing of a motion picture by a distributor in the two largest metropolitan areas, which showing is open to any exhibitor interested in exhibiting the motion picture.
(L. 1982 S.B. 525 1)
*No continuity with 407.350 as repealed by L. 1963 S.B. 2 10-102, effective 7-1-65.
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.