2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
Chapter 407 Merchandising Practices
Section 407.1380. Definitions.
407.1380. As used in sections 407.1380 to 407.1384, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Account review", activities related to account maintenance, monitoring, credit line increases, and account upgrades and enhancements;
(2) "Consumer", any individual;
(3) "Consumer credit reporting agency", any entity that, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages, in whole or in part, in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer credit reports to third parties. The term "consumer credit reporting agency" shall not include an entity that acts only as a reseller of credit information by assembling and merging information contained in the database of another consumer credit reporting agency and who does not maintain a permanent database of credit information from which consumer reports are produced and who does not furnish consumer reports to third parties;
(4) "Credit report", any written or electronic communication of any information by a consumer credit reporting agency that in any way bears upon a person's credit worthiness, credit capacity, or credit standing;
(5) "Security freeze", a notice placed in a consumer's credit report, at the request of the consumer and subject to certain exceptions, that prohibits the consumer credit reporting agency from releasing the consumer's credit report or score relating to the extension of credit without the express authorization of the consumer.
(L. 2008 H.B. 1384 and H.B. 2157)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.