2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXIX OWNERSHIP AND CONVEYANCE OF PROPERTY
Chapter 441 Landlord and Tenant
Section 441.630. Duties of occupant.
Duties of occupant.
441.630. Every occupant of a dwelling unit under the provisions of sections 441.500 to 441.643 shall be responsible to pay all rents due from him or her when such rents become due and to exercise reasonable care:
(1) To dispose of all rubbish and garbage in his or her dwelling unit, and other organic waste which might provide food for rodents, in a clean and sanitary manner;
(2) To refrain from unreasonable use of electrical, heating, and plumbing fixtures;
(3) To meet all obligations lawfully imposed upon the occupants of dwelling units by the code enforcement agency or the community;
(4) To refrain from willfully or wantonly destroying, defacing, damaging, impairing or removing any part of the structure or dwelling unit or the facilities, equipment, or appurtenances thereof, and to prohibit any other person on the premises with his or her permission from doing likewise; and
(5) Shall not under any circumstances take in additional occupants, sublease, rent or turn over said premises to any persons without the owner's knowledge and consent.
(L. 1969 p. 537 14, A.L. 1998 H.B. 977 & 1608)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.