There is a newer version of the Missouri Revised Statutes
2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XIII CORRECTIONAL AND PENAL INSTITUTIONS
Chapter 221 Jails and Jailers
- Section 221.020. Sheriffs to be jailers, exception, Clay County.
- Section 221.025. Electronic monitoring permitted, when--credit of time against period of confinement.
- Section 221.030. Coroner to be jailer, when.
- Section 221.040. Sheriff and jailer to receive prisoners--penalty for refusal--medical exams required.
- Section 221.044. Persons under seventeen may not be confined in adult jails, exceptions--commitment to juvenile detention facilities, when.
- Section 221.050. Separation of prisoners.
- Section 221.060. Prisoners to have certain privileges.
- Section 221.070. Prisoners liable for cost of imprisonment.
- Section 221.080. County commission to bear certain expenses.
- Section 221.095. Private jails, defined--reports of possible criminal violations required--missing prisoners, requirements.
- Section 221.097. Private jails--prisoners to be confined separately, when--health care services, adequate care required--limitation on contracts with private jails.
- Section 221.105. Boarding of prisoners--amount expended, how fixed, how paid, limit.
- Section 221.111. Delivery or concealment on premises of narcotics, liquor, or prohibited articles, penalties--visitation denied, when--personal items permitted to be posted.
- Section 221.120. Medicine and medical attention for prisoners, definitions.
- Section 221.122. Repayment for medical care to be term of probation, parole or conditional release.
- Section 221.130. Contagious disease--certification of physician--order for removal.
- Section 221.140. (Repealed L. 2010 H.B. 1965 A)
- Section 221.150. Shackling of prisoner, how paid.
- Section 221.160. Criminal costs, how paid.
- Section 221.170. Prisoners, leave from jail, when--compensation earned on leave, how applied--three-fourths rule (certain cities and counties).
- Section 221.230. Jail of another county to be used, when.
- Section 221.240. Sheriff to take prisoners before circuit court.
- Section 221.250. Failure of sheriff to comply with section 221.240--penalty.
- Section 221.260. Commitment from another county, expenses, how paid.
- Section 221.270. Jailer to receive and keep United States prisoners.
- Section 221.280. Penalty for failure to receive and keep United States prisoners.
- Section 221.290. United States to pay for use of jails.
- Section 221.300. Grand jury to visit jail, when.
- Section 221.310. Humane treatment of prisoners.
- Section 221.320. Board of visitors--appointment--terms.
- Section 221.330. Organization of board.
- Section 221.340. Duties of board.
- Section 221.350. Board to make yearly report.
- Section 221.353. Damage to jail property, class D felony.
- Section 221.400. Regional jail districts may be established, procedure, contents, holding of prisoners.
- Section 221.402. Regional jail districts, powers.
- Section 221.405. Commission--members, vacancies, budget.
- Section 221.407. Regional jail district sales tax authorized, ballot language--special trust fund established--expiration date.
- Section 221.410. Powers, duties.
- Section 221.415. Director, duties--salary.
- Section 221.420. Use of regional jail, purpose--county may keep its own jail.
- Section 221.425. Regional jail district solely liable for its debts--income exempt from state taxes.
- Section 221.430. District income, distribution upon dissolution.
- Section 221.500. Construction bids for a minimum security facility--commissioner of administration to contract with.
- Section 221.503. MULES to be notified of escape of a dangerous felon from certain jails and detention facilities, when, information to be included.
- Section 221.510. Pending outstanding warrants in MULES and NCIC systems, inquiry conducted, when (Jake's Law).
- Section 221.515. Jailers authorized to serve arrest warrants on inmates--jailers may carry firearms, when--escaped prisoners, power of jailer to arrest.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.