2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE V MILITARY AFFAIRS AND POLICE
Chapter 44 Civil Defense
Section 44.125. Agency to work with volunteers.
Agency to work with volunteers.
44.125. 1. The agency may develop effective citizen involvement to recruit, train and accept the services of volunteers to supplement the programs administered by the agency.
2. Volunteers recruited, trained or accepted by the agency shall comply with applicable agency policy regulations.
3. The agency shall:
(1) Provide staff as deemed necessary for the effective management and development of volunteer programs;
(2) Take such actions as are necessary and appropriate to develop meaningful opportunities for citizen involvement in agency-administered programs;
(3) Develop and provide to all volunteers written rules governing the job descriptions, recruitment, screening, training responsibility, utilization and supervision of volunteers;
(4) Educate volunteers to ensure that they understand their duties and responsibilities;
(5) Provide a receptive environment for citizen involvement; and
(6) Provide for the recognition of volunteers who have offered exceptional service to the agency.
4. Volunteers shall be deemed unpaid employees and shall be accorded the protection of the legal expense fund and other provisions of section 105.711.
5. Reimbursement for transportation and other necessary expenses may be furnished to those volunteers whose presence on special assignment is determined to be necessary by the agency. Such expenses shall be reimbursed from the regular appropriations of the agency. Volunteers may use state vehicles in the performance of agency-related duties, subject to those rules and regulations governing use of state vehicles by paid staff.
6. As used in this section, "volunteer" means any person who, of his or her own free will, performs any assigned duties for the agency with no monetary or material compensation.
7. Any person serving as a volunteer may be terminated from service in that capacity by the director.
(L. 1998 S.B. 743)
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.