2009 Missouri Revised Statutes
Petition--guardian ad litem appointed--fee, deposit in putative
father registry fund.
Title XXX DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Chapter 453 Adoption and Foster Care
453.020. Petition--guardian ad litem appointed--fee, deposit in putative father registry fund.
453.020. 1. The petition for adoption shall state:
(1) The name, sex and place of birth of the person sought to be adopted;
(2) The name of his parents, if known to the petitioner;
(3) If the person sought to be adopted is a minor, the fact that petitioner has the ability to properly care for, maintain and educate such person; and
(4) If it is desired to change the name of such person, the new name.
2. The petition for adoption shall include payment of a fifty dollar filing fee which shall be used to fund the putative father registry established pursuant to section 192.016, RSMo.
3. All fees provided for in this section shall be deposited in the putative father registry fund. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 33.080, RSMo, to the contrary, money in the fund shall not be transferred and placed to the credit of general revenue at the end of the biennium, but shall be used upon appropriation by the general assembly for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this chapter.
(RSMo 1939 § 9612, A.L. 1947 V. II p. 213, A.L. 1959 H.B. 384, A.L. 1982 H.B. 1171, et al., A.L. 1985, H.B. 366, et al., A.L. 2004 H.B. 1453, A.L. 2005 S.B. 21)
Prior revisions: 1929 § 14077; 1919 § 1099
(1955) Pleadings should make apparent who parents are when they are known. Adoption of McKinzie (A.), 275 S.W.2d 365.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.