2005 Missouri Revised Statutes - § 590.010. — Definitions.
590.010. As used in this chapter, the following terms mean:
(1) "Commission", when not obviously referring to the POST commission, means a grant of authority to act as a peace officer;
(2) "Director", the director of the Missouri department of public safety or his or her designated agent or representative;
(3) "Peace officer", a law enforcement officer of the state or any political subdivision of the state with the power of arrest for a violation of the criminal code or declared or deemed to be a peace officer by state statute;
(4) "POST commission", the peace officer standards and training commission;
(5) "Reserve peace officer", a peace officer who regularly works less than thirty hours per week.
(L. 2001 H.B. 80)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.