2005 Missouri Revised Statutes - § 574.105. — Crime of money laundering, committed, when--penalty.
574.105. 1. As used in this section, the following terms mean:
(1) "Conducts", initiating, concluding or participating in initiating or concluding a transaction;
(2) "Criminal activity", any act or activity constituting an offense punishable as a felony pursuant to the laws of Missouri or the United States;
(3) "Currency", currency and coin of the United States;
(4) "Currency transaction", a transaction involving the physical transfer of currency from one person to another. A transaction which is a transfer of funds by means of bank check, bank draft, wire transfer or other written order, and which does not include the physical transfer of currency is not a currency transaction;
(5) "Person", natural persons, partnerships, trusts, estates, associations, corporations and all entities cognizable as legal personalities.
2. A person commits the crime of money laundering if he:
(1) Conducts or attempts to conduct a currency transaction with the purpose to promote or aid the carrying on of criminal activity; or
(2) Conducts or attempts to conduct a currency transaction with the purpose to conceal or disguise in whole or in part the nature, location, source, ownership or control of the proceeds of criminal activity; or
(3) Conducts or attempts to conduct a currency transaction with the purpose to avoid currency transaction reporting requirements under federal law; or
(4) Conducts or attempts to conduct a currency transaction with the purpose to promote or aid the carrying on of criminal activity for the purpose of furthering or making a terrorist threat or act.
3. The crime of money laundering is a class B felony and in addition to penalties otherwise provided by law, a fine of not more than five hundred thousand dollars or twice the amount involved in the transaction, whichever is greater, may be assessed.
(L. 1992 S.B. 705 § 10, A.L. 2002 S.B. 712)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.