2005 Missouri Revised Statutes - § 535.185. — Tenant to be furnished address of person managing property and address to receive notices and service of process--post office box address, procedure--violation, effect.
535.185. 1. The landlord of residential property or any person authorized to enter into a rental agreement on such landlord's behalf shall disclose to the tenant in writing at or before the commencement of the tenancy the name and address of:
(1) The person authorized to manage the premises; and
(2) An owner of the premises or a person authorized to act for and on behalf of the owner for the purpose of service of process and for the purpose of receiving and receipting for notices and demands. If such owner or authorized person has an address which is a post office box, service of process and any notice or demand may be made by mailing a copy of the summons, petition, notice or demand by first-class mail, postage prepaid, together with two copies of such summons, petition, notice or demand pursuant to section 506.150, RSMo.
2. The information required to be furnished by this section shall be kept current and this section extends to and is enforceable against any successor landlord, owner, or manager.
3. A person who fails to comply with subsection 1 of this section becomes an agent of each person who is a landlord for the purpose of:
(1) Service of process and receiving and receipting for notices and demands; and
(2) Performing the obligations of the landlord pursuant to chapter 441, RSMo, or this chapter, or any other obligations under the rental agreement and expending or making himself available for the purposes of collecting all rent due from the premises.
(L. 1989 H.B. 602 § 1)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.