2020 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - Corporations, Associations, and Partnerships
Chapter 29 - Revised Mississippi Limited Liability Company Act
Article 8 - Dissolution
§ 79-29-817. Known claims against dissolved limited liability company
- A dissolved limited liability company may dispose of the known claims against it by filing a certificate of dissolution pursuant to Section 79-29-205 and following the procedure described in this section.
- The dissolved limited liability company shall notify its known claimants in writing of the dissolution at any time after the effective date of the dissolution.The written notice must:
- Describe information that must be included in a claim;
- Provide a mailing address where a claim may be sent;
- State the deadline, which may not be fewer than one hundred twenty (120) days from the latter of the mailing date of the written notice or the filing of a certificate of dissolution pursuant to Section 79-29-205, by which the dissolved limited liability company must receive the claim; and
- State that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
- A claim against the dissolved limited liability company is barred:
- If a claimant who was given written notice under subsection (2) of this section does not deliver the claim to the dissolved limited liability company by the deadline; or
- If a claimant whose claim was rejected by the dissolved limited liability company does not commence a proceeding to enforce the claim within ninety (90) days from the date the claimant receives notice of the rejection of the claim.
- For purposes of this section, "claim" does not include a contingent liability or a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.