2020 Mississippi Code
Title 75 - Regulation of Trade, Commerce and Investments
Chapter 24 - Regulation of Business for Consumer Protection
Mississippi Rental-Purchase Agreement Act
§ 75-24-169. Advertisement of rental-purchase agreements
- If an advertisement for a rental-purchase agreement refers to or states the dollar amount of the periodic payment for a specific item and refers to or states that the consumer has the right to acquire ownership of that item, the advertisement shall also clearly and conspicuously state the following, as applicable:
- That the transaction advertised is a rental-purchase agreement;
- The total number of payments necessary to acquire ownership of the item; and
- That the consumer acquires no ownership rights if the total amount necessary to acquire ownership is not paid.
- Any owner or personnel of any medium in which an advertisement appears or through which it is disseminated shall not be liable under this section.
- The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to an advertisement which does not refer to or state the amount of any payment or which is published in the yellow pages of a telephone directory or in any similar directory of business.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.