2020 Mississippi Code
Title 75 - Regulation of Trade, Commerce and Investments
Chapter 24 - Regulation of Business for Consumer Protection
Mississippi Rental-Purchase Agreement Act
§ 75-24-155. Applicability of other laws; inapplicability to particular leases
- Rental-purchase agreements as defined in Sections 75-24-151 through 75-24-175 are not governed by the laws relating to:
- A consumer credit sale as defined in Section 75-66-1(2);
- Loans, interest, finance charges, credit or installment sales as those terms are used in Mississippi statutes;
- A security interest as defined in Section 75-1-201 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Sections 75-24-151 through 75-24-175 do not apply to the following:
- Rental-purchase agreements primarily for business, commercial or agricultural purposes, or those made with governmental agencies or instrumentalities or with organizations;
- A lease of a safe deposit box;
- A lease or bailment of personal property which is incidental to the lease of real property and which provides that the consumer has no option to purchase the leased property; or
- A lease of an automobile.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.