Go to previous versions of this Section
2020 Mississippi Code
Title 41 - Public Health
Chapter 41 - Surgical or Medical Procedures; Consents
Abortion Complication Reporting Act
§ 41-41-78. Content of reports
Universal Citation: MS Code § 41-41-78 (2020)
- Each report of medical treatment following abortion required under Section 41-41-77 shall contain the following information:
- The age and race of the patient;
- The characteristics of the patient, including residency status, county of residence, marital status, education, number of previous pregnancies, number of stillbirths, number of living children and number of previous abortions;
- The date the abortion was performed and the method used if known;
- The type of facility where the abortion was performed;
- The condition of the patient that led to treatment, including, but not limited to, pelvic infection, hemorrhage, damage to pelvic organs, renal failure, metabolic disorder, shock, embolism, coma or death.
- The amount billed to cover the treatment of the complication, including whether the treatment was billed to Medicaid, insurance, private pay or other method. This should include charges for physician, hospital, emergency room, prescription or other drugs, laboratory tests and any other costs for the treatment rendered.
- The charges are to be coded with IDC-9 classification numbers in such a way as to distinguish treatment following induced abortions from treatments following ectopic or molar pregnancies.
- Nothing in Sections 41-41-75 through 41-41-80 shall be construed as an instruction to discontinue collecting data currently being collected.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.