2020 Mississippi Code
Title 39 - Libraries, Arts, Archives and History
Chapter 19 - Museum Unclaimed Property Act
§ 39-19-7. Property loaned to museum; duties of lender
- As of March 26, 1997, the lender, or any successor of the lender, regardless of the date of a loan of property in the custody of a museum, shall promptly notify the museum in writing:
- Of a change in the lender's address; and
- Of a change in ownership in the property on loan to the museum.
- It shall be the responsibility of a successor of a lender to document the passage of rights of control to the property in the custody of the museum.
- Unless there is evidence of bad faith or gross negligence, a museum shall not be prejudiced by reason of any failure to deal with the true owner of any loaned property.
- In cases of disputed ownership of loaned property, a museum shall not be held liable for its refusal to surrender loaned property in its possession except in reliance upon a court order or judgment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.