2019 Mississippi Code
Title 75 - Regulation of Trade, Commerce and Investments
Chapter 93 - Fictitious Business Name Registration Act
§ 75-93-7. Registration
(1) An entity may apply to register a fictitious business name by filing with the Secretary of State the following information:
(a) The fictitious business name to be registered;
(b) The applicant’s legal name and mailing address;
(c) Every street address or physical location where the entity uses or will be using the fictitious business name to transact business;
(d) If the applicant is a domestic corporation or limited liability company, its Mississippi business identification number;
(e) If the applicant is a foreign corporation or limited liability company, the state or nation of its organization and a copy of its certificate of authority to transact business in Mississippi;
(f) A statement that the applicant is familiar with the provisions of this chapter and understands that filing under this section does not create any exclusive rights in or to the fictitious business name; and
(g) Any other information the Secretary of State may reasonably require by rule, including, without limitation, the applicant’s electronic mailing address, the address of the entity’s official Web site, if applicable, and the general nature of the business conducted by the applicant.
(2) The applicant shall sign and verify the application.
(3) Upon compliance by the applicant with the requirements of this section, the Secretary of State shall return to the applicant a stamped copy of the approved registration application.
(4) The Secretary of State shall not refuse registration of a fictitious business name on the grounds that the name is indistinguishable from a previously registered fictitious business name, registered trademark, or legal name of an entity required by law to register with the Secretary of State.
(5) Only one (1) fictitious business name may be registered per application submitted under the provisions of this section.