2019 Mississippi Code
Title 45 - Public Safety and Good Order
Chapter 21 - Rock Festivals
§ 45-21-11. Health and safety regulations; approval of state board of health
(1) The state board of health is hereby directed to establish for rock festivals health and safety regulations which shall assure that the public health and safety is not endangered hereby and which shall provide for the furnishing of adequate undertakings to secure full compliance with the sanitary code and other applicable law, adequate and satisfactory water supply and sewerage facilities, adequate drainage, adequate toilet and lavatory facilities, adequate refuse storage and disposal facilities, adequate sleeping areas and facilities, wholesome food and sanitary food service, adequate medical facilities, insect and noxious weed control, adequate fire protection and such other matters as may be appropriate for security of life or health.
(2) The state board of health is hereby authorized and empowered to approve and certify in writing the written specifications and plans proposed by any individual, organization, corporation or other entity desiring to hold a rock festival in this state. Such specifications and plans shall be submitted to the state board of health at least eighteen (18) days prior to the commencement of such event and shall conform to the health and safety regulations promulgated pursuant to this section. The state board of health shall grant such certification or deny such certification, with reasons for such denial, within eight (8) days of the submission of such specifications and plans. Such specifications and plans may be altered, with the approval of the state board of health, to conform with the health and safety regulations promulgated pursuant to this section.
(3) In the review of the specifications and plans proposed by any individual, organization, corporation or other entity desiring to hold a rock festival in this state, the state board of health may require such specific written specifications, plans and reports as are necessary for reasonable and proper review and determination in the light of the various factors therein involved, including but not limited to the probable number of people that will be in attendance at such event.
(4) The state board of health shall specify in the certification the number of tickets which may be sold or distributed within seventy-two (72) hours of the commencement of such event.
(5) Such specifications and plans may contain reasonable alternative requirements based upon different numbers of tickets having been sold and distributed.