2018 Mississippi Code
Title 97 - Crimes
Chapter 29 - Crimes Against Public Morals and Decency
- § 97-29-1. Adultery and fornication; unlawful cohabitation.
- § 97-29-3. Adultery and fornication; between teacher and pupil.
- § 97-29-5. Adultery and fornication; between certain persons forbidden to inter-marry.
- § 97-29-7. Adultery and fornication; between guardian and ward.
- § 97-29-9. Adultery and fornication; going out of state to marry.
- § 97-29-11. Illegitimate children; person becoming natural parent of second illegitimate child; jurisdiction.
- § 97-29-13. Bigamy; definition; penalty.
- § 97-29-15. Bigamy; exceptions.
- § 97-29-17. Bribery; participant in professional or amateur games or other athletic contests; wrestling excepted.
- § 97-29-19. Dead bodies; disinterment for sale or wantonness.
- § 97-29-21. Dead bodies; buying or receiving.
- § 97-29-23. Dead bodies; opening graves for certain purposes.
- § 97-29-25. Desecration of cemetery; desecration of human corpse.
- § 97-29-27. Incest; marriage within prohibited degrees.
- § 97-29-29. Incest; persons divorced for incest not to cohabit or copulate.
- § 97-29-31. Indecent exposure.
- § 97-29-33. [Reserved]
- § 97-29-35. [Reserved]
- §§ 97-29-37 through 97-29-41. Repealed.
- § 97-29-43. Polygamy; teaching of.
- § 97-29-45. Obscene electronic communications.
- § 97-29-47. Profanity or drunkenness in public place.
- § 97-29-49. Prostitution; report to department of human services for suspected child sexual abuse or neglect if minor involved; immunity from prosecution if trafficked person involved.
- § 97-29-51. Prostitution; misdemeanor procuring services of prostitute; felony promoting prostitution; penalties.
- § 97-29-53. [Reserved]
- § 97-29-55. Seduction of female over age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage.
- § 97-29-57. Stallion or jack not to be kept in public view or permitted to run at large.
- § 97-29-59. Unnatural intercourse.
- § 97-29-61. Voyeurism; trespass by “peeping Tom”; when victim is adult; when victim is child under sixteen.
- § 97-29-63. Photographing or filming another without permission where there is expectation of privacy; when victim is adult; when victim is child under sixteen.
- § 97-29-65. Strip clubs prohibited within one-fourth mile of church, school, kindergarten, or courthouse.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.