2018 Mississippi Code
Title 93 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 13 - Guardians and Conservators
- § 93-13-1. Parental guardianship of minor children.
- § 93-13-2. Civil liability of parents for damages resulting from malicious and willful acts of certain minor children.
- § 93-13-3. Award of guardianship where parents are separated; limitation of mother’s liability.
- § 93-13-5. When guardian not entitled to custody of ward.
- § 93-13-7. Testamentary guardians; appointment.
- § 93-13-9. Testamentary guardians; appointee to accept and qualify.
- § 93-13-11. Testamentary guardians; rights, duties and liabilities.
- § 93-13-13. Appointment of guardian by court.
- § 93-13-15. Guardian of ward appointed by chancery court is general guardian.
- § 93-13-17. Bond and oath of guardian.
- § 93-13-19. Appointment of guardian pending appeal from grant of guardianship.
- § 93-13-21. Appointment of clerk when guardian will not qualify.
- § 93-13-23. Removing guardian; requiring new bond.
- § 93-13-25. Guardians may resign; appointments to fill vacancies.
- § 93-13-27. Judicial proceedings on behalf of ward to be brought in name of guardian.
- § 93-13-29. Parent of nonresident minor may bring suit in state.
- § 93-13-31. Ward’s property to be delivered to guardian.
- § 93-13-33. Inventories to be returned.
- § 93-13-35. Allowance for maintenance and education of ward.
- § 93-13-37. Maintenance of minor ward who has a parent; appointment of a special general guardian under certain circumstances.
- § 93-13-38. General duties and powers of guardians.
- § 93-13-39. Payment of premiums on ward’s life insurance.
- § 93-13-41. Care of real estate.
- § 93-13-43. Lease of gas, oil and other mineral rights.
- § 93-13-45. Expenditures to improve land; conversion of property into money.
- § 93-13-47. Creation, extension or renewal of encumbrances upon estate.
- § 93-13-49. Purchase of land.
- § 93-13-51. Sale of land; title validated.
- § 93-13-53. Sale of personalty.
- § 93-13-55. Application to court for directions as to disposition of securities.
- § 93-13-57. Disposal of surplus money; penalty for failure to report surplus to court.
- § 93-13-59. Sale or compromise of doubtful claims.
- § 93-13-61. Removal of ward and property to another county.
- § 93-13-63. Removal of ward and property from state.
- § 93-13-65. Seizure of property about to be unlawfully removed by guardian.
- § 93-13-67. Annual accounts; guardian’s minimum commission; closure of guardianship file without final accounting under certain circumstances.
- § 93-13-69. Accounts to be kept separately.
- § 93-13-71. Vouchers; requirements.
- § 93-13-73. Vouchers; production for inspection.
- § 93-13-75. When guardianship to cease.
- § 93-13-77. Final account and settlement; closure of guardianship file without final accounting under certain circumstances.
- § 93-13-79. Solicitor’s fees allowable.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.