2018 Mississippi Code
Title 91 - Trusts and Estates
Chapter 20 - Transfers to Minors
- § 91-20-1. Short title.
- § 91-20-3. Definitions.
- § 91-20-5. Applicability of chapter; jurisdiction.
- § 91-20-7. Nomination of custodian.
- § 91-20-9. Transfer by irrevocable gift or exercise of appointment power in favor of custodian.
- § 91-20-11. Transfer to custodian by personal representative or trustee as authorized by will or trust; designation of custodian by personal representative or trustee.
- § 91-20-13. Transfer by personal representative, trustee, or conservator to another adult or trust company as custodian without authorization by will or trust; prerequisites.
- § 91-20-15. Transfer to custodian by one holding property of or owing debt to minor; designation of custodian.
- § 91-20-17. Written receipt from custodian; effect.
- § 91-20-19. Creation and transfer of custodial property.
- § 91-20-21. One custodian for one minor.
- § 91-20-23. Factors not affecting validity of transfer; powers and duties of custodian unalterable.
- § 91-20-25. Powers and duties of custodian; standard of care; records.
- § 91-20-27. Custodian’s exercise of powers and authority over custodial property.
- § 91-20-29. Delivery of property or money to minor; expenditure for benefit of minor; conditions; court order.
- § 91-20-31. Reimbursement of custodian for expenses; compensation of custodian; bond unnecessary.
- § 91-20-33. Good faith reliance on capacity of purported custodian.
- § 91-20-35. Assertion of claim against custodial property; personal liability of custodian or minor.
- § 91-20-37. Declination to serve or resignation as custodian; nomination of substitute custodian; designation of successor custodian; transfer of property.
- § 91-20-39. Petition for accounting or determination of responsibility for claims; accounting upon removal of custodian.
- § 91-20-41. Time for transfer of custodial property to minor or minor’s estate.
- § 91-20-43. Applicability of chapter to certain transfers.
- § 91-20-45. Validation of transfers predating chapter; application of chapter to prior transfers.
- § 91-20-47. Construction of chapter.
- § 91-20-49. Severability of provisions of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.