There is a newer version of this Chapter
2018 Mississippi Code
Title 73 - Professions and Vocations
Chapter 4 - Auctioneers
- § 73-4-1. Short title.
- § 73-4-3. Definitions.
- § 73-4-5. License required to conduct auction, provide auction services, hold self out as or advertise services as auctioneer; exceptions.
- § 73-4-7. Mississippi Auctioneer Commission; creation; powers and duties generally; qualifications, terms, and compensation of members.
- § 73-4-9. Meetings of commission generally; quorum; requirement of majority vote.
- § 73-4-11. Officers of commission; executive director.
- § 73-4-13. Powers and duties of commission.
- § 73-4-15. Mississippi Auctioneer Licensure Fund.
- § 73-4-17. Classification of licenses; qualifications of applicants for licenses; examinations; examination fee; surety bond generally; additional requirements for auction firm license; issuance, term, and renewal of licenses; license fees; record keeping requirements.
- § 73-4-19. Procedure for submission and processing of complaints against licensees; remedies for violations by licensees; judicial review of disciplinary actions.
- § 73-4-21. Exemption from examination requirement for residents.
- § 73-4-23. Exemption from examination requirements for nonresidents.
- § 73-4-25. Grounds for disciplinary proceedings against licensees; penalties.
- § 73-4-27. Qualifications for auction firm license; termination or suspension of license; additional requirements.
- § 73-4-29. Filing of bonds by applicants for licenses; requirements for auctions of factory-built homes.
- § 73-4-31. Form, terms and conditions, and duration of bonds provided under chapter; liability on bonds; cancellation of bonds.
- § 73-4-33. Procedure for recovery on bonds; exclusivity of remedy.
- § 73-4-35. Standards governing performance of duties of auctioneers; accounting and payment of monies to owners or consignors of goods involved in auction.
- § 73-4-37. Recordkeeping requirements.
- § 73-4-39. Requirement of written contract for sale of goods; time period for retention of contract.
- § 73-4-41. Advertisement of auctions.
- § 73-4-43. Requirement of license; penalties for unlicensed conduct.
- § 73-4-45. Penalties for violations of chapter.
- § 73-4-47. Proceedings for injunctions.
- § 73-4-49. Charging of violations of chapter.
- § 73-4-51. Appropriations.
- § 73-4-53. [Reserved]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.