2018 Mississippi Code
Title 71 - Labor and Industry
Chapter 7 - Drug and Alcohol Testing of Employees
- § 71-7-1. Definitions.
- § 71-7-3. Election of employer to conduct drug and alcohol testing voluntary; furnishing by employers of written policy statements on drug and alcohol use prior to implementation of testing; dissemination; standard language; notification of job applicants; signing of statements regarding testing policies by applicants or employees; testing of government employees, applicants, and elected officials.
- § 71-7-5. Conduct of testing generally; authorized types of tests.
- § 71-7-7. Neutral selection drug and alcohol testing; routine testing; testing of employees participating in rehabilitation.
- § 71-7-9. Collection, storage and transportation of specimens; time of testing; rights of employees upon receipt of positive results; discharge, discipline, etc., of employees generally; payment of costs of testing.
- § 71-7-11. Conduct of confirmation tests.
- § 71-7-13. Designation of employee or applicant as handicapped due to test result; discharge, discipline, etc., of employee on basis of test result or refusal to submit; construction and application of chapter generally.
- § 71-7-15. Confidentiality of information related to drug and alcohol testing; discharge or discipline of employee for refusal to consent to authorized release of information.
- § 71-7-17. [Reserved]
- § 71-7-19. Disclosure and contents of laboratory test result reports.
- § 71-7-21. Promulgation of rules by State Board of Health.
- § 71-7-23. Civil actions for damages and injunctive relief for violations of chapter authorized; award of attorney fees.
- § 71-7-25. Limitation period for civil actions for violations of chapter; relief available; effect of compliance with chapter by employer; presumption as to validity of test results; actions for defamation, etc.
- § 71-7-27. Procedure for and effect of election to conduct testing policy or program; procedure for rescission of election; effect of failure to make election or rescission of election.
- § 71-7-29. Application of chapter to employers subject to federal testing laws.
- § 71-7-31. Private employer establishing testing program not deemed agent or instrument of the state.
- § 71-7-33. Requirement of abstention from use of tobacco products during nonworking hours as condition of employment prohibited.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.