There is a newer version of this Article
2018 Mississippi Code
Title 71 - Labor and Industry
Chapter 5 - Unemployment Compensation
Article 7 - Contributions.
- § 71-5-351. Payment of contributions; participation in the Mississippi Level Payment Plan (MLPP)
- § 71-5-353. Rate of contributions; reduction in contribution rate for certain employers; distribution of contributions; suspension of Workforce Enhancement Training contributions under certain circumstances.
- § 71-5-355. Modified rates.
- § 71-5-357. Regulations governing nonprofit organizations [Repealed effective July 1, 2019]
- § 71-5-359. Regulations governing state boards, instrumentalities, and political subdivisions [Repealed effective July 1, 2019]
- § 71-5-361. Period, election, and termination.
- § 71-5-363. Interest on past due contributions.
- § 71-5-365. Failure to make reports and pay contributions.
- § 71-5-367. Collection by warrant.
- § 71-5-369. Jeopardy assessment and warrant.
- § 71-5-371. Liability of sheriff for failure to execute warrant.
- § 71-5-373. Defaulting employer.
- § 71-5-375. Contributions a lien.
- § 71-5-377. Priorities under legal dissolutions or distributions.
- § 71-5-379. Collection by suit.
- § 71-5-381. No injunction allowed to restrain collection.
- § 71-5-383. Refunds.
- § 71-5-385. Requesting permission to file reports in special format; regulations; penalty.
- § 71-5-387. Contributions to the unemployment compensation fund by certain Indian tribes under Federal Unemployment Tax Act.
- § 71-5-389. Setoff against tax refunds for debts owed to Mississippi Department of Employment Security; submission of debts to Department of Revenue; notice to debtor; transfer of funds to Department of Revenue; hearings; appeals; confidentiality.
- § 71-5-391. Use of administrative funds for payment of fees associated with receipt of electronic payments.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.