2018 Mississippi Code
Title 39 - Libraries, Arts, Archives and History
Chapter 7 - Antiquities
- § 39-7-1. Short title.
- § 39-7-3. Declaration of public policy.
- § 39-7-4. Definitions.
- § 39-7-5. Administration of chapter; inspection of record of proceedings.
- § 39-7-7. General duties of board of trustees of department of archives and history.
- § 39-7-9. Shipwrecks and buried treasure designated Mississippi landmarks and sole property of state.
- § 39-7-11. Designation of sites, objects, etc., upon lands belonging to state or political subdivision as Mississippi landmarks; recording; alteration, excavation, etc., of sites.
- § 39-7-13. Designation of sites located upon private lands as Mississippi landmarks; recordation; marking.
- § 39-7-15. Removal from designation.
- § 39-7-17. Contracts for salvage; surveys; excavation.
- § 39-7-19. Permits for excavation, salvage, studies, etc., at Mississippi landmarks.
- § 39-7-21. Supervision of salvage or recovery operations; custody of antiquities; promulgation of rules and regulations.
- § 39-7-22. Public construction or improvement affecting potential Mississippi landmarks.
- § 39-7-23. Expenditures for acquisition of items; gifts and bequests; contracts for temporary possession of items by others.
- § 39-7-25. Restoration of antiquities for private parties.
- § 39-7-27. Reproduction, forging, etc., of antiquity with intent to deceive.
- § 39-7-29. Defacing of American Indian or aboriginal markings or carvings.
- § 39-7-31. Entry upon land of another to deface, remove or destroy archeological relics or sites.
- § 39-7-33. Disfigurement, removal, destruction, etc., of historical structure or artifact.
- § 39-7-35. Penalties for violations of chapter; finder’s fee for arrest and conviction of violator.
- § 39-7-37. Civil action to enjoin violations or threatened violations of chapter; venue.
- § 39-7-39. Other agencies and governments to assist in enforcement of chapter.
- § 39-7-41. Certain archaeological records exempt from requirement of public access.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.