2018 Mississippi Code
Title 39 - Libraries, Arts, Archives and History
Chapter 13 - Historic Preservation Districts and Landmarks
- § 39-13-1. Short title.
- § 39-13-2. Definitions.
- § 39-13-3. Authority to create local historic preservation commissions; authority and procedure for establishment of districts and designation of landmarks.
- § 39-13-5. Historic preservation commissions; powers and duties; composition; terms of office; officers; minutes of meetings.
- § 39-13-7. Notification to Department of Archives and History of proposed designation of historic district or local historic preservation commission; comments by department concerning proposed district or commission.
- § 39-13-9. Appropriations; application by locality to participate in Certified Local Government Program of the National Park Service; eminent domain.
- § 39-13-11. Designation of historic districts, landmarks, and landmark sites; procedures; vote of historic preservation commission; public hearing; vote of local governing authority to adopt or reject designation.
- § 39-13-13. Issuance of certificates of appropriateness for certain construction, alteration, demolition or relocation of structures within a historic district or landmark property.
- § 39-13-15. Demolition by neglect; demolition of historic landmark or landmark site without review and approval by historic preservation commission.
- § 39-13-17. Penalties for violations; separate offense for each day violation exists.
- § 39-13-19. Appeal.
- § 39-13-21. In general.
- § 39-13-23. Effect on existing historic preservation commissions and historic district or landmark designations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.