2018 Mississippi Code
Title 21 - Municipalities
Chapter 29 - Employees’ Retirement and Disability Systems
Article 7 - Miscellaneous Provisions.
- § 21-29-301. Creditable service provided under certain circumstances for membership service interrupted by qualified military service.
- § 21-29-305. Employers to pick up member contributions to employees’ retirement and disability systems.
- § 21-29-307. Benefits exempt from taxes, attachment or other process, and unassignable; deductions from retirement allowances of employer or system sponsored group life or health insurance.
- § 21-29-311. Additional optional benefits available.
- § 21-29-313. Schedule for computation of membership service or prior service.
- § 21-29-315. Repayment of refund after reemployment following retirement for purpose of reestablishing contributing membership.
- § 21-29-316. Rollover distribution of accumulated contributions to eligible retirement plan or individual retirement account.
- § 21-29-317. Maximum annual retirement allowance.
- § 21-29-319. Employment-related fringe benefits.
- § 21-29-321. Determination of average monthly base salary and longevity pay.
- § 21-29-323. Determination of amount of death benefits to be paid to or for benefit of dependent children.
- § 21-29-325. Payment of retirement benefits by the most appropriate means as determined by the board.
- § 21-29-327. Board of Trustees of Public Employees’ Retirement System authorized to assess interest and bring suit on delinquent payments from municipalities whose retirement funds it administers.
- § 21-29-329. Municipalities may adopt resolutions allowing spouses receiving retirement benefits to continue to receive spouse benefits for life, even after remarriage.
- § 21-29-331. Persons to whom benefits payable in event of death or disqualification of designated beneficiary.
- § 21-29-333. Waiver of benefits from the general municipal retirement system or firemen’s and policemen’s disability and relief fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.