2017 Mississippi Code
Title 91 - Trusts and Estates
Chapter 23 - Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act
§ 91-23-27. Disclosure of digital assets to conservator of protected person
- (1) After an opportunity for a hearing under Chapter 13, Title 93, Mississippi Code of 1972, the court may grant a conservator access to the digital assets of a protected person.
- (2) Unless otherwise ordered by the court or directed by the user, a custodian shall disclose to a conservator the catalogue of electronic communications sent or received by a protected person and any digital assets, other than the content of electronic communications, in which the protected person has a right or interest if the conservator gives the custodian:
- (a) A written request for disclosure in physical or electronic form;
- (b) A certified copy of the court order that gives the conservator authority over the digital assets of the protected person; and
- (c) If requested by the custodian:
- (i) A number, username, address or other unique subscriber or account identifier assigned by the custodian to identify the account of the protected person; or
- (ii) Evidence linking the account to the protected person.
- (3) A conservator with general authority to manage the assets of a protected person may request a custodian of the digital assets of the protected person to suspend or terminate an account of the protected person for good cause. A request made under this section must be accompanied by a certified copy of the court order giving the conservator authority over the protected person's property.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.