2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 9 - Condominiums
§ 89-9-13. Incidents of condominium grant
- Unless otherwise expressly provided in the deeds, declaration of restrictions or plan, incidents of a condominium grant are as follows:
- (1) The boundaries of the unit granted are the interior surfaces of the perimeter walls, floors, ceilings, windows and doors thereof, and the unit includes both the portions of the building so described and the airspace so encompassed. The following are not part of the unit: bearing walls, columns, floors, roofs, foundations, elevator equipment and shafts, central heating, central refrigeration and central air-conditioning equipment, reservoirs, tanks, pumps and other central services, pipes, ducts, flues, chutes, conduits, wires and other utility installations, wherever located, except the outlets thereof when located within the unit. In interpreting deeds and plans the existing physical boundaries of the unit or of a unit reconstructed in substantial accordance with the original plans thereof shall be conclusively presumed to be its boundaries rather than the metes and bounds expressed in the deed or plan, regardless of settling or lateral movement of the building and regardless of minor variance between boundaries shown on the plan or in the deed and those of the building.
- (2) The common areas are owned by the owners of the units as tenants in common, in equal shares, one for each unit.
- (3) A nonexclusive easement for ingress, egress and support through the common areas is appurtenant to each unit, and the common areas are subject to such easement.
- (4) Each condominium owner shall have the exclusive right to paint, repaint, tile, wax, paper, or otherwise refinish and decorate the inner surfaces of the walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors bounding his own unit.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.