2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 8 - Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
§ 89-8-25. Duties of tenant
- A tenant shall:
- (a) Keep that part of the premises that he occupies and uses as clean and as safe as the condition of the premises permits;
- (b) Dispose from his dwelling unit all ashes, rubbish, garbage and other waste in a clean and safe manner in compliance with community standards;
- (c) Keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit used by the tenant as clean as their condition permits;
- (d) Use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, in the premises;
- (e) Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any other person to do so;
- (f) Conduct himself and require other persons on the premises with his consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of their premises;
- (g) Inform the landlord of any condition of which he has actual knowledge which may cause damage to the premises;
- (h) To the extent of his legal obligation, maintain the dwelling unit in substantially the same condition, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and comply with the requirements of applicable building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
- (i) Not engage in any illegal activity upon the leased premises as documented by a law enforcement agency.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.