2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 23 - Mississippi Uniform Environmental Covenants Act
§ 89-23-21. Violation of environmental covenant; injunctive relief
- (a) A civil action for injunctive or other equitable relief for violation of an environmental covenant may be maintained by:
- (1) A party to the covenant;
- (2) The agency;
- (3) The commission;
- (4) Any person to whom the covenant expressly grants power to enforce;
- (5) A person whose interest in the real property or whose collateral or liability may be affected by the alleged violation of the covenant; or
- (6) A municipality or other unit of local government in which the real property subject to the covenant is located.
- (b) This chapter does not limit the regulatory authority of the agency or the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality under law other than this chapter with respect to an environmental response project.
- (c) A person is not responsible for or subject to liability for environmental remediation solely because it has the right to enforce an environmental covenant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.